We are delighted to announce that Dr Nightingale had a beautiful baby girl, Elsie, on 9th December weighing 8lb. Both are doing really well.
Please find attached the most recent copy of our newsletter for winter 2018/19. Many thanks to the PPG as always for collating this and apologies for the delay in uploading to the website.
Dr Gaden will be running the Robin Hood half marathon this year for the Bone Cancer Research Trust in memory of the wonderful Cathy O’Neill. Please read her story as told by her mum below.
Please have a look at our Summer Newsletter 2018.
Thanks as always to the PPG for organising this.
Many thanks to the PPG for once again organising our Spring Newsletter 2018
We are very grateful to the PPG for organising this event as part of national carer’s week.
It will take place at the Mapperley site on Tuesday 12th June 1-3pm where support workers from Nottingham carers hub will be available for advice.
Please see our Carers event flyer for further information and feel free to drop in.
Practice telephone delays
We acknowledge patients have experienced delays when telephoning the practice to make an appointment. Many other surgeries also experience similar problems, due in part to the increased demands placed upon modern general practice. An automated call-queueing service was introduced to help manage this; however, due to the volume of calls some patients were held in very long queues, so this service has been temporarily withdrawn.
We are committed to ensuring the best possible telephone service which addresses the needs of our patients. To this end we have consulted with the PPG, and have agreed the following policy which we hope will alleviate demand on the telephone service at busy times:
Help us to help you
• Please use the self-check in at 858; this will free up the receptionists to answer the telephones.
• Please consider booking your GP/Nurse appointment on line. If you have not already registered to use this facility pick up a registration form from the table underneath the PPG board.
• Please order your repeat prescription online or through your pharmacy.
• If you need urgent medical advice, an urgent appointment or a home visit please call the surgery as soon as possible
• However, patients requiring blood results, scan results, medical certificates, with medication queries or any other non-urgent query/concern please call after 10.30am – this will free up the receptionists first thing to address patients with urgent medical problems
We hope you agree with the principle of this policy – to free up receptionists to address urgent medical queries and needs in a timely fashion at the busiest parts of the day. Thank you.
The GP Partners, Victoria & Mapperley Practice
Evening & Weekend Appointments bookable through your GP practice
From March 2018, patients registered at this practice will be able to access additional routine appointments during evenings and weekends through the new GP+ Nottingham City service.
Appointments will be available to see GPs, Practice Nurses, Clinical Pharmacists and Physiotherapists in a fully equipped accessible location on Upper Parliament Street in Nottingham City Centre.
Opening hours will be:
16:00 – 20:00 Monday – Friday
09:00 – 13:00 Saturday & Sunday
This will not be a walk-in service. Appointments are required and will be bookable through the reception team at your own GP practice from March onwards.
More information on this service will be coming very soon through your practice.