Practice telephone delays
We acknowledge patients have experienced delays when telephoning the practice to make an appointment. Many other surgeries also experience similar problems, due in part to the increased demands placed upon modern general practice. An automated call-queueing service was introduced to help manage this; however, due to the volume of calls some patients were held in very long queues, so this service has been temporarily withdrawn.
We are committed to ensuring the best possible telephone service which addresses the needs of our patients. To this end we have consulted with the PPG, and have agreed the following policy which we hope will alleviate demand on the telephone service at busy times:
Help us to help you
• Please use the self-check in at 858; this will free up the receptionists to answer the telephones.
• Please consider booking your GP/Nurse appointment on line. If you have not already registered to use this facility pick up a registration form from the table underneath the PPG board.
• Please order your repeat prescription online or through your pharmacy.
• If you need urgent medical advice, an urgent appointment or a home visit please call the surgery as soon as possible
• However, patients requiring blood results, scan results, medical certificates, with medication queries or any other non-urgent query/concern please call after 10.30am – this will free up the receptionists first thing to address patients with urgent medical problems
We hope you agree with the principle of this policy – to free up receptionists to address urgent medical queries and needs in a timely fashion at the busiest parts of the day. Thank you.
The GP Partners, Victoria & Mapperley Practice