VACCINE UPDATE 1st June 2021
Forest Recreation Site OPEN 8am-8pm
WALK-in or BOOK
ALL the national cohorts: over 30 year olds. Running both Pfizer and Astra Zeneca.
Clinicians on site for patients who would like more information or advice on the vaccine.
There are documents in different languages & interpreter services.
The Practice will be closed during the afternoon of Tuesday 8th June for staff training and to support the local COVID vaccination efforts. Our phone lines will be diverted to our out-of-hours service for any urgent issues. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this closure.
Please also visit our Facebook site for the latest updates: https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaandMapperleyPractice/
Your GP practice cannot recommend or refer you for a Pfizer vaccination unless you suffer with the following very specific conditions:
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients listed for the AstraZeneca vaccine.
- Patients with a history of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and thrombosis (HITT or HIT type 2).
- Patients who have experienced major venous and/or arterial thrombosis occurring with thrombocytopenia following vaccination with any COVID-19 vaccine should not receive a second dose of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca.
The AstraZeneca vaccine is deemed to be extremely safe for all other groups, including those who have a history of blood clots or those who have a significant family history of blood clots.
Those who are 30 and over, a carer and those who are at high risk of developing complications from contracting COVID-19 (for example those with diabetes or heart disease) can book their vaccination by calling 119 or visiting http://nhs.uk/CovidVaccine
Those who have a query regarding their 2nd vaccination should call 0115 883 4640.
In Nottingham and Nottinghamshire, a few different health and care organisations including hospitals, GP practices, care homes and others are working together on the Covid-19 vaccination programme. This means when it is your turn to be vaccinated, this may not be at your GP practice. You will be told where to go for your appointment and how to book.
About the Practice
The practice has been providing general medical (GP, family doctor, primary care) services in Nottingham for over ninety years. Currently we look after nearly ten thousand patients, registered with the National Health Service.
We see patients at two surgeries.
- The Victoria Health Centre is in the city centre, behind the Victoria shopping centre on Glasshouse Street [map].
- The Mapperley surgery is on the Woodborough Road, near the main shopping area and opposite the Texaco garage [map].